INFORMATION & AUCTION PROCEDURES
- Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. for cocktails and silent auction bidding. Dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m.
- Payment by the successful bidder is to be made the evening of the auction. Payment can be made with cash, check, MasterCard or Visa. Auction items may by claimed by exhibiting a paid receipt from the cashier. Sales tax will be collected on all items. All sales are final - no exchanges or refunds.
- All items and services must be used within one year of the auction unless otherwise stated. Arrangements by both donor and buyer should be mutually agreed upon.
- Stated values listed in the catalog are donor’s expense or estimate and are not certified by St. Mary’s School Auction for tax purposes or for general value.
- All items should be removed from the building the evening of the auction or from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. the following day.
- Any disputes or problems with a purchased item should be directed to the St. Mary’s School Office at 101 East 9th Street, Newton, KS (316) 282-1974, not to the donor of the item.
LIVE AUCTION RULES
- The auction will begin promptly at 7:30 p.m., and continue until all items have been auctioned.
- Successful bidder’s name and registration number will be recorded by the floor spotters.
- The auctioneer will act as final authority on all sales.
SILENT AUCTION RULES
- The Silent Auction begins at 5:30 p.m. All items in the silent auction have bid sheets attached or affixed nearby. Persons desiring to bid must do so by writing their bid number, name and the bid amount on the bid sheet.
- Each increase must equal or exceed the minimum increase stated on the bid sheet in order to constitute a valid bid. Each new bid must be written on the next available blank line on the bid sheet.
- ONLY AN AUTHORIZED PERSON MAY NULLIFY A BID. Under no circumstances may the bid sheet be removed from the bidding table.
- Closing times for each Silent Auction tables will be announced 15 minutes prior to the closing time and will be strictly adhered to.
- At the close of each Silent Auction table, a random item will be drawn and given free of charge to the highest bidder on the bid sheet. So bid high and Bid often to increase your chances of winning.
- Items may be removed from table only by exhibiting a PAID receipt at the table.
- In the event of a dispute, the St. Mary’s School Auction officials shall act as the final authority and shall determine the winning bidder. This decision is final.
If you have any questions about procedures for the Silent Auction, please ask any of the officials working at the Silent Auction booths.
St. Mary's Catholic School qualifies as a 501 c(3) charitable organization under the IRS codes. The IRS has determined the difference between your contribution and the fair market value of any item received is tax-deductible.